Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

PSU Farmers Market

N. and I love farmers markets. Over the summer he worked at the one in Moscow, ID and I think the socializing and community really turned him on to market culture. I know it fueled my enthusiasm.

We finally made it to the PSU Farmers Market and it was a spectacular though lightly rainy morning.


Such gorgeous local food!


I didn't even know what to start with!


Purple Daze Carrots. Soooooo gorgeous. I have such a weakness for pretty food.


N. bought some really great steaks from a man that has a farm that includes buffalo, rabbit, goose, and pretty soon, venison. I'd really like to try it I've heard great things. I grabbed a few of the purple carrots, brussel sprouts, heirloom cherry tomatoes (we never leave Trader Jo's or the market without them) as well as some sweet and spicy pickled red onions, and roasted red peppers we took home hot from the fire.


What's the best luck you've had this year at the markets?

More later on the purple stew that I made with all this loot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment